How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Leduc, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Scenic Environment: Serving our local farming communities, Extendicare Leduc is a small, friendly home with a strong family-like atmosphere. Our home is surrounded by trees and lots of quiet, peaceful greenspace. The caring staff and great food are two reasons residents tell us they love call this home.
- Friday Night Dance Party: The Friday Night Dance Party is a regular favourite with residents
- “Name That Tune” : Every Friday afternoon we play “Name That Tune” as residents attempt to recognize song played by staff on the piano.
- Bingo: Bingo is a staple three times a week.
- Seated Exercise Class: We have seated exercise classes twice a week that focus on strength, range of motion, balance and flexibility.
- Baking & Cooking Group: Our Baking & Cooking Group meets once a week and other residents and staff are always ready to enjoy the tasty finished results.
- Bell Choir: The Bell Choir meets once a week and perform every year at our annual Christmas Concert.
- Intergenerational Program: We have an Intergenerational Program that brings daycare and elementary school children into our home to spend time with our residents.
- Reading Hour: Reading Hour happens every Tuesday afternoon when residents and staff will discuss current events, read a book, or read stories of interest in the newspaper.
- Gardening Group: Members of the Gardening Group like to exercise their green thumbs growing flowers and vegetables in raised beds.
- Live Entertainment: We have regular live entertainment featuring a variety of different performers from the community.
- Monthly Birthday Bash: Residents enjoy our Monthly Birthday Bash that includes cake, candles, a card to celebrate Birthdays during that month.
- “Lookin’ Good” sessions: The ladies always look forward to our weekly “Lookin’ Good” sessions where they get their nails done by staff.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Occupational Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Recreational Therapist
- Specialized Rehabilitation Program